Saturday, December 22, 2007

Brown paper packages.....

tied up with string.....these are a few of my favorite things. Did I put a tune in your head, it was ringing in mine while I created the wrapping for these packages. They are going to my nephews but my sisters check my blog so.....I can't divulge the contents.
It was tough to get a good photo as these packages didn't fit in my white photo shoot box. Oh well.

This is my last post before Christmas, as my kids and hubby are now officially on holidays and I have been looking forward to spending some time with them. We have been playing a lot of "tag team" during this season, running from one event to another.

A little about these tags. I stamped the letters in alpine mist brilliance ink and the snowflakes in white chalk ink. Then I embossed them in detail ep. I then took my versamark pen and added some "snow" outline to my letters and embossed again. I then took my beige brilliance pad (for Jude) and my coffee bean pad (for Josh) and rubbed it over the entire surface. I then took a cloth and rubbed off the extra ink on the resist areas. Looks really pretty IRL.
My nephews are 4 and 1 so I don't think they will appreciate these but I think their mom's will.
I used Papertrey's "snowflake serenade" and A Muse "letter alphabet" to stamp these tags.
I want to say a HUGE MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my readers, some of you e-mail me and I have been blessed with many "blogger" friends this past year.
My wish for you is that you can join me in slowing down a little and enjoy Jesus, the reason for this season.
God's Blessings to you all!

8 comments:

Laura said...

I just stumbled across your blog and love it!! Your style is clean and artistic, just wonderful! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Marlou McAlees said...

beautiful!!! love these cute bags, have a wonderful Christmas and new year x

Elizebeth said...

These are fantastic tags! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Williams Family said...

So crafty that I can't even see how large the package is and therefore can't guess the contents! Very nicely done and I can't wait to see what's inside!

Deborah said...

Blessing to you and your family! Love your bags and tags/ornaments.
Merry Christmas! Deb

Anonymous said...

Very cool, I was thinking the same thing, wow alot of work for little ones that can't appreciate but like you said the mom's will, plus it is all in the enjoyment of creating right! Hope you have a Blessed Chrismtas with your family, I so enjoy the talent the Lord has blessed you with, thanks for sharing it with us!

Rose Ann said...

Merry Christmas, Sherrie!! (Love the tags!)

Christen said...

Hi there!

This is Christen, the managing editor of Take Ten. I just wanted to encourage you to submit some of your cards for possible publication in the Spring issue. Our deadline is February 1st. Let me know if you have any questions! colivarez@stampington.com