Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween, Cupcake Challenge, Video Tutorial and a Card...Oh My!

Yes! It's cupcake Friday and I have SO much to show you! Happy Halloween everyone! We are off to the family farm to enjoy family, friends, hotdogs, smores, apple bobbing, kick the can and a little candy too.....

Yeah! A video!!! It's been a while but I just couldn't resist showing you how to do a VERY easy sunset sky with the Copic Airbrush System.

Here is the card I created with the image I did in the video. I just love the pretty fall sunsets we are getting here. I altered the size of some of the panels and the orientation a little too...do I ever follow a sketch to the letter?... probably not.
Ah, once I had the image done it was easy to add a few final touches. Here are all the card deets:
Stamps:
Bird Watching (SEP), Everyday Petites (MLM) all by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso Adirondack Dye Ink (Ranger),Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper:
Simply Smooth White, Suede Brown Dark (Prism), Off Beat Patterned Paper (Basic Grey)
Accessories:
Fragments (Tim Holtz), Markers and Airbrush System (Copic), Edge Distresser (Making Memories), Twine, Sponge


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the cupcake crew came up with:
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Donna Baker: Stamp A Maniac
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
The cupcake sampler this week is Mary Fish, you can find all of her wonderful creations HERE!
Hope you all enjoy your weekend and stay safe and dry tonight!

15 comments:

Jami said...

Your card is gorgeous - even if you are a sketch rebel *wink*!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh fun! Gorgeous card!!

Kerry said...

Beautiful sunset sky!

Jill Cooper said...

this card and SO many of your other cards are so beautiful!!

Darlene said...

OMGosh ... this card is amazing!! I just love your blog ... always packed full of good stuff!!! TFS

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card! Love the color combo and the great image... the airbrushed background looks great. TFS!

Diane M said...

I KNEW there was a reason I just bought the airbrush system! This card is just lovely, and you've made it look so easy. Thank you!

Diane M

Laurel said...

What a beautiful card!

Jennifer Scull said...

what an amazing card! that looks to be a 'must have' stamp! (but aren't they all?!)

Stephanie Hargis said...

Oh wow! This card is stunning! I love your video too! I have always wondered how the airbrush system works! Thanks so much for showing us! Anyway, you did a fabulous job!

((hugs))

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific guy card and loved watching you make the sunset! The fragment is a neat touch on there also!

Emily said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks so much for the great tips! I've been considering copics, but you just made me want them a whole lot more! Especially since the ciaos can be used with the air brush system! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

What is Simply Smooth cardstock, who makes it and where do you buy it?

iPhone Developer said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine.

Aprilvunx said...

Beautiful sunset sky!