Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Custom Copic Shimmer Spray

First of all....thank you to the many who congratulated me on my Melissa Frances design team spot on both my blog and via e-mail....thanks so much!
Today I have some fun "playing" that I know you are gonna want to try for yourselves!
I love to create my own custom shimmer sprays with my copic products that way they always match the image I am coloring! Love that! I did a little video of "how to make your own spray" further down my post.
Ah, BG72....one of my favorite colors....I colored this Jolinne "All Dressed Up" from My Favorite Things using that combo of BG72, BG75.
I sprayed the ribbon, resin piece and background with the BG72 mix. So pretty in real life....
I also paired up this design with the lovely "Leah" paper from Melissa Frances.
Here is a close up of my copic marker coloring. I love seeing this soft background behind her instead of just white.
Even though I did the background first I was still able to stamp this image and color overtop with my copics. I chose a dark brown combo for her hair (so that it wasn't blue) and I stamped so that her face was in one of the "white" parts of my mask.
Here is a close shot of the ribbon and resin piece that I colored. I loved it that the slight blue color got in all the little cracks of the resin. The ribbon colored up beautifully as well.

Wanna see how to make your own spray.....here you go! Enjoy!

8 comments:

Gabriela said...

stlepasI'm so bummed that the link to your video tutorial seems to be broken. At least that's what the error message stated. :(

Sherrie said...

Hmmmm, just tried it and it is working for me...sometimes youtube goes in and out. Maybe try again...

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous, Sherrie!!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is so cool! Congrats on the DT. That is awesome! I love MF!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sherrie, thanks for the video tutorial, this will be so helpful...hugs...
Denise Trottier

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thanks, LOVE it!

Mary Decker said...

You're a wonderful teacher. thanks for your blog and great instructions!

mary

Anonymous said...

Thank you Thank you! My mind is thinking of the endless possibilities.