Friday, March 28, 2008

Faux Ribbon Frame Video Tutorial

Here is the finished card from today's video tutorial. After finishing the video I masked my frame and stamped the canvas backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms on top. This is a one layer card that I think has a lot of dimension. Keep scrolling to see the video on how I stamped my frame.
Here are the products I used:
Stamps: In the garden faux ribbon stamps by Fancy Pants Silhouette Blooms II by Cornish Heritage Farms Canvas Background by Cornish Heritage Farms Ink: Stream, Lettuce, Espresso, Hazelnut (adirondack) Paper: Simply Smooth white (Prism) Teal (Fox River Paper) Accessories: Ribbon (making memories) We R hardware clip


Happy Stamping!

17 comments:

Amber said...

Great card and tutorial! I love how you created the corners... I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

That is really really cool Sherrie!

Hafeeza said...

I took a look around and your cards are soooo pretty!!
You've been bookmarked : ) so i'll be visiting to see more of your creativity!!

Juanita B said...

Your are so very talented. I love the format of doing a recorded tutorial, excellent idea!! It was also fantastic to hear your voice. The card is great. Does your husband sell that template?
Have a wonderful weekend and TFS.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial! And you made a great card too.

Helen said...

What a cool tutorial! Great card, too!

Paper and Petals said...

This is beautiful! What a lovely card.

Deborah said...

Just wonderful! Thanks for sharing video! Have a nice weekend!Deb

Jessica F. said...

Wow - I love the card, I'll have to try the technique!

Valerie said...

love how the gree pops in this card very pretty! great tutorial also!

Emilia said...

what a great idea! Thank you for sharing the video!

Conniecrafter said...

Love that frame, thanks for sharing the technique, will have to give it a try!

Liz S. said...

I always wanted to do this with border stamps, but never could figure out how to miter the corners! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration!

Amy said...

Great tutorial and great card!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you and your husband are stamping geniuses. LOVE this tutorial and the finished card!!! TFS

Nancy S said...

Thank you for this wonderful tutorial. I have a product from Lucky Squirrel called the Mitre Maker, but never really understood how to use it. It is like the template your hubby made for you. Now I can use it to make stamped frames--whoopee!

Lisa S said...

Wonderful, easy to follow video and a beautiful card. Thank you so much for posting these tutorials!