Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Twill Flower Tutorial

Have you had a peek at your Splitcoast Stampers newsletter this morning? If you have then you have seen that I posted a twill flower tutorial. You can see the full tutorial HERE on SCS.
These are fun to make out of something as ordinary as twill tape. In these cards the blooms are the showcase but I also needed some great sentiments to pair them up. For breast cancer awareness month I decided to make this one pink and use the sentiment set from My Favorite Things called "Polka Dot Greetings" as well as the coordinating Die-namic die to match this fabulous set!
The paper is from the vintage posy line of Melissa Frances....so soft and pretty!
Here is the flower in green. No, I don't have both pink and green twill tape. I just use my copic markers to color them any shade I would like. This is G07.
This is another sentiment from a My Favorite Things set called "How does your garden grow".

Below is a video I did for this tutorial. In the video you will see an airbrushed version of coloring the twill tape. Thanks again for watching!

7 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty Sherrie.

Deb said...

Very beautiful cards and flowers, Sherrie. Thanks for sharing how to make them.

Mandi-Lee said...

I love each project of yours more and more.... you are amazing.....special lady!!!! m xxx

Card-Eology said...

Beautiful flower Sherrie, can't wait to meet you in a couple of weeks in Halifax!

Nancy

Bonnie Weiss said...

Great project and great tutorial, Sherrie!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous cards! Very well done!

Elaine said...

Fun flower! Thanks for the tutorial!