Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shading Video Tutorial

Here is a fun little card that I did today and while I was at it I decided to make a short video of shadowing outside my image with Copic Markers. Tons of you have been asking about that so I hope this little tutorial helps you with your shadows.
I am using the adorable Jolinne image "My Heart Sings" by My Favorite Things. This is a very simple layout using white on white. The patterned paper and the rub-on sentiment is by Melissa Frances and then I went around the edges with a sponge and walnut distress ink.
Here is a close up of the coloring and the shadows.....and below is the little "how to" video....
The video is a little dark...kind of a dreary day here, nothing like coloring to perk my mood.
Enjoy!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for the very helpful tutorial. Love the finished card.
Tammy Hair, Harrisburg, PA.

Bettyann said...

Thanks Sherrie..I like video tutorials..learned alot from you today..

Kerry Johnson said...

Awesome video as usual Sherrie!! And I love your card - Jolinne is so sweet!

~~Deby said...

Tomorrow I will watch the tutorial and the others here...this card is sweet...I think the image is precious--you made it *zing* !
Deby

Unknown said...

Thanks for the video. I had tried some shading and shadowing on my own but didn't get the desired effect. Now I can go back and fix it.

Shirley said...

Love the card and the video was very informative!

sfread171@hotmail.com

Linda Carson said...

Thanks for the video Sherrie! Shading is a scary part for me. This helped big-time!

Kelley said...

Sherrie, thank you for the tutorial. I took a coloring class last week but it is nice to get information from more than one person.

g said...

wonderful video! thanks so much- i love to watch you work! such a gorgeous card too!

Cyndi Landrigan said...

Great videos! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Conniecrafter said...

this is an area I need help in, thanks for sharing!

Sammi said...

Great tutorial! Thanks :D
xx

Kelli Hull said...

A-HA!

I need a moment, LOL

OK, I am SO understanding the blender thingie now!!! Just gotta practice... I was TOTALLY doing it WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! **shock** LOL

Lisa H. said...

Sherrie! this was so helpful, your coloring is always FAB! love this sweet card, too!