Thursday, January 13, 2011

Copic Coloring Video Tutorial

Lovin' my new toy....the cricut! I cut out this cute little paper bag using the cartridge my machine came with. I didn't get a chance to show this little Pure Innocence girl off at release time so I am giving her a little bit of extra love today.
This is Peek a Boo from My Favorite Things.
I thought it would be a fun little image for a movie surprise...I will load up the little box with my daughter's favorite movie treat and make it a "date night" for us!
I had this little felt flower already rolled and ready to go on my desk. How nice that it was the perfect color! It is the small flower from the Rolled Rose Duo in the Die-namics line at MFT. Love this die! I see it is out of stock right now (popular as it is) but check back soon as Kim does a great job at restocking quickly!
Here is a close shot of the copic coloring. Below is a video and in it I share the colors I used. I colored her skin and hair in under 10 minutes (for the benefit of youtube) and paper pieced the dress so this project takes no time at all!


Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

renee said...

super job!!! thanks for sharing your knowledge and your art!

Cindy H. said...

So adorable!! I loved your super tutorial - thank you!! It's so helpful to me while I'm learning how to color with Copics:)

jeanne girl said...

Great tutorial lady!! Have been too busy lately to even pick up my copics but that inspired me for sure!

Kelli Hull said...

YAY!!!! Hair KILLS ME!!!!! LOL Thanks for taking the time to help us with our Crayons my friend!!!! :)

kj

Conniecrafter said...

that is too cute, thanks for sharing the way you color too!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely adorable!!

Peggy said...

Sherrie, wonderful coloring video. I am just learning and only have a few markers. I am always amazed at how effortless this is for you. My dream is to color like you one day. Thank you for sharing.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Arlene said...

Thanks for the vid Sherrie. Your Copic coloring is amazing! I'm learning so much from you! Love your little treat bag project, great idea! :-)

Terese said...

Tank you for sharing!

g said...

thanks so much for another awesome tutorial Sherrie-i LOVE to learn from you! your little box turned out just adorable!

Hi it's Terrid said...

Hi,
I just discovered you and really appreciate the way you do your videos! I am such a novice with coloring with Copics, I look forward to learning new things!
Thanks for the tutorials!
Terri

Joy said...

Super adorable, love this creation and thanks for sharing your talent in videos!

Wendy said...

I've been looking for a good beginners video, thanks!

Donna said...

Oh Thank you! Your coloring tutorial was great. I live in a vast wasteland of stamp stores, so don't get the opportunity to take classes. Your bag project is just darling.

Lisa H. said...

I could watch this all day! lol. it's so helpful and I can't wait to try to add more shading and colors to my skin tones.

Debbie Olson said...

LOVE you shadows, Sherrie! See you Wednesday night!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gosh, Sherrie, I'm in love with your videos!!! Thank you so much!!!