Friday, June 26, 2009

Blending Solution Video

Todays card has many fun elements in it. I played along in the limited supply challenge at SCS and this is what I came out with. I have been having a lot of fun with the new Sara England stamps at CHF. This one in particular I can be really creative with that large sail.
Here are all the deets of the card and I will go into the specifics on the sail:
Stamps:
Sailing with my dog (Sara England), Encouragement Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments), Weave (Backgrounders) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso Adirondack Dye Ink, Snow Cap Pigment Ink (Ranger)
Paper:
Suede Brown Light, Medium, Dark (Prism)
Solar White Cardstock (Neenah)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
AirBrush System (Copic)

Paisley Impressionabilities (Spellbinders)
Round Dies (Spellbinders)
Threading Water Punch (Fiskars)


Here is a close up of the sail, click on the photo and it gets even closer! I showed this technique in the video below on achieving some texture in the sail. I used copic blending solution in combination with my background stamp to get a stunning canvas look....way fun!
I love how the blender solution also gives the sail a bit of a water stained look too!

Hope you enjoy the video and have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

uber cool technique Sherry! Brilliant! Love your design and your photos rock too!

Basement Stamper said...

Great tutorial!!! Love that sail and the colors of it, perfect job!

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous technique, love the look it's given your sail Sherrie! I'm wanting the canvas BGer now, too!

Heidi said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

beautiful coloring job!

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial Sherrie! I can't wait to try this with other stamps.

Hugs

~Spike

Sheri said...

Oh my..this is so striking! Gorgeous!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hi! Nice tutorial!! Love that stamp!! Anything w/ a dog I'm drawn to!! Maria

Conniecrafter said...

neat way to bring in the texture, terrific coloring!

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

cr8iveme said...

stunning card.

thank you for the tutorial.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Michelle said...

beautiful card and wonderful tutorial.. TFS!

Kirstin said...

Love that technique!! I just ordered a set of the 72 A group of Sketch and I'm dying - they will be here tomorrow and I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Santa!

PS - your coffee or latte looks divine!!

CherylQuilts said...

Wonderful, Sherrie! I just got my first Copic markers and am browsing around and trying to get educated...wonderful tutorial and lovely effect with the canvas look. Thanks for sharing your expertise...beautiful work!

Lynn said...

Fabulous tutorial of the sail boat canvas..The colours all blend beautifully..I have copics and love them but don't use them enough :)Lynn

Zafran ali said...

Fabulous technique,beautiful coloring job!
Plastic Card.

CHINI said...

With out new Technique and new planing business couldn't take place at top of list
Plastic Cards

Hank Hendricks said...

How many stamps have you made before can you post some of them?
Scratch Card Printing