Friday, May 1, 2009

Taylored Expressions Challenge #66! And a video!

It's friday!!! One of the most fabulous days of the week!
I bought this beautiful patterned paper by cosmo cricket and fell in love with the rich oranges and grays. I thought I would make a sunset background to match the pretty orange in the paper.
I did a video to show you exactly how I made the airbrushed background for these birds. So keep scrolling......

Here are the card deets:
Stamps:
Tree Swallows (SOTM), Silhouette Blooms I (Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
London Fog Memento, Graphite Black Brilliance (Tsukineko)
Paper:
White, Black (Prism)
Ever After Patterned Paper (Cosmo Cricket)
Accessories:
Blender pen (copic)
Air Brush System (Copic)
Ribbon
Flower (Prima)
Button (Making Memories)
Twine

I just about forgot to tell you which colors I used for this sunset:
YR61,YR65,YR68, R24, W2, W4

I had to show you a quick close shot of one of my favorite details that I don't show in the video. I dabbed the breasts of the birds with my blender pen to add another dimension of depth to this image. See how the color is just pushed out of the way leaving behind a beautiful highlight...love that!
It is the end of April....don't miss out on this Stamp of the Month from Cornish. I have used these tree swallows A LOT and consider them "classics" in my stamp collection. You can find them at the store HERE.


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the cupcake crew came up with:
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
The cupcake sampler this week is Jenn Biederman. You can find her beautiful work HERE.

Lots to look at today...happy blurfing!

10 comments:

Jami said...

Those swallows are gorgeous and the airbrushed BG is to die for! Awesome card Sherrie!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...this is drop dead gorgeous. Such a stunning background.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Sherrie! Love the great image and the airbrushed BG. TFS!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Stunning card Sherrie! That airbrushed background with the swallows is just gorgeous!

Meli Palmer said...

This card is truly stunning. Not only is your image a jaw-dropper but the patterned papers are gorgeous. Beautiful job!s

Sharon Burg said...

Thank you for an instructive video Sherrie. This is awesome!!

Donna Baker said...

beautiful card!! I love your sunset, Sherrie!

Anonymous said...

I saw your video on YouTube and that brought me to your blog. What a beautiful card. Someday, I'll be able to get a copics. Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda Carson said...

I always appreciate your video tutorials! Your card turned out beautifully!

Francie G. said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for your awesome tutorial!