Monday, June 4, 2012

Canadian Mountie! Yay!

Something a little different and special today! I was asked by my friend in the industry (Taylor) if I would like to play along in their release of a Canadian Mountie set.....Well.....YESSSS! Below is a little info about their upcoming release and beneath that is my Moka Karen card!

 
June Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, June 7th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.


Pin It





What a treat to play with a "Canadian" image! She is colored with my Copic Markers on X-press it Blending Card paper.  A fabulous opportunity to work with my reds. I used R35,37 and 59 for all the red areas. The browns were my E23,25 and 27. I used W00,1 and 3 for the "white" areas of my flag.

The finishing touch was using my airbrush. I airbrushed all the edges of my white cardstock with one of my favorite colors....E31! Love it!

A very simple layout, no fancy dies or anything like that. Just a corner rounder and a little patterned paper that was at the bottom of my drawer (and it is a deep drawer).

Now I am off to see what the other girls did with Moka Karen....here is the list of them, be sure to stop by and leave them some comment love :)

Thanks Taylor for including me today!


Christine Okken - Special Guest
Karen Motz - Special Guest
Kerry Johnson - Special Guest
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator
Sherrie Siemens - Special Guest

18 comments:

Alli Miles said...

Well this set caught my eye!! Great card Sherrie!!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute! The coloring is fantastic!

Jami said...

Gorgeous Sherrie! Thanks so much for playing along!

Taylor said...

This is ADORABLE, Sherrie! Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for joining us to showcase Moka Karen! :)

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way you used the sentiment stamp your coloring is just fantastic!

Melody said...

Gorgeous as always!! Amazing coloring and I like the rounded corners.

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous coloring, love the kind of vintage look to this card. Well done!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Sherrie! Your coloring is amazing!

Jodi Collins said...

SOOOOOOOOO gorgeous Sherrie! AMAZING coloring...LOVE this!!

wendy said...

terrific card...lovin this Canadian Moka

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the simplicity of this card... the CANADA sentiment is awesome!

Karen Motz said...

Your colouring ROCKS girlie!!!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Sherrie! I was so happy to see you here with us this week! Your card is beautiful and your Copic coloring is always inspiring! Have a wonderful day! :-)

Unknown said...

Awesome coloring on this lovely card! TFS! ;o)

Gabby said...

Super cute card! What a great stamp, coloring, dp. I'm not Canadian but oh, so cute. :)

zehra said...

This is an awesome card, love our coloring, you are amazing

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE all of the FUN details!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Unknown said...

Hi!
I am Diane, I am doing some diy felt. I was looking at your works, which are great and i was wondering if you might sell some of your materials? Like dies ?
I don't know if you are still blogging .. sorry.!
Let me know if you are interested ! Here is my mail dianediemunsch@hotmail.com
Have a nice day
Thank you
Diane🌸