Friday, May 15, 2009

Taylored Expressions Challenge #68!

Happy Cupcake Friday! Today I wanted to use one of my all time favorite images from Cornish....Tulip Girl!
She is perfectly vintage, sweet, detailed and in my opinion on of the best stamps in the Saturday Evening Post line.
I took Taylor's sketch and flipped it this week...you know I had to do something or it wouldn't be me (giggle).
Who says you always need to stamp on white to color with your copics? No one....so here I am stamping on kraft and coloring with my markers. I did use my white prismacolor pencil for highlights on my tulips. Yes, that is one of my crocheted flowers you see as well. The suede brad that I had for this card wasn't quite the right shade.....so I airbrushed it to match too!
Here are all the deets:
Stamps:
Tulip Girl (Saturday Evening Post), Wedding Centers (Mona Lisa Moments) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso Adirondack (Ranger)
Tuxedo Black Memento (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Magical Wishes (Webster's Pages)
Kraft, White (Prism)
Paper Frills (Doodlebug)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Circle Dies (Spellbinders)
Crocheted Flower (Made by Me)
Suede Brad (Making Memories)


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the cupcake crew came up with:
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity


A little aside... my son got first place in both his piano pieces! So today he plays in the "playoff" round for a chance at some really nice hardware (trophies and scholarships).

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your blog blurfing (I know I am looking forward to seeing what the girls came up with)!

12 comments:

Jami said...

Wonderful take on the sketch - so charming! And I LOVE your crocheted flower - very very cool!

Taylor said...

So sweet, Sherrie! I love that crocheted flower embellishment!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so precious!! That crocheted flower is beautiful!

Williams Family said...

The flowers are looking great, Sherrie and your little girl is very sweet. Please pass my congratulations on to D. for his piano successes!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Awww...so very sweet Sherrie. Creative of you to flip the sketch, which works perfectly with your image.

Diana said...

This is so amazing! Awesome!!!!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. super cute Sherrie! Love that image and the crocheted flower is darling !

SueB said...

Cute card, Sherrie! The little girl stamp reminded me of my sister and I picking flowers for my Mom. TFS and thanx for the memories!

Donna Baker said...

how sweet! love your flip too - great crochet flower & I LOVE stamping & coloring on kraft c/s

Christine said...

so pretty, lovely crocheted flowers!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the look of the coloring on the kraft, thanks for the link on the crochet flower!
A big congrats to your son!

cr8iveme said...

what a lovely card.

hugs.
M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS