Thursday, March 26, 2009

While I am away....

I wanted to inspire you with something I am missing right now. My coffee!
Here is a little gift ensemble that is easy to create but oh so fun in the packaging!
This is done with a mixture of papercraft products and fabrics.
The coffee bag holder is my fav! It is made from felt (yeah you don't have to finish edges!) and fun fabric from Michael Miller (Andalucia line). I stamped my Kim Hughes images on my fabric and colored them with my copics before stitching them to my bag.

The little handle for you to carry the bag is cut with a spellbinder die and LOOK I didn't waste the "cut out part", I pinned it to the front.
Here is how I tied in the fabric with my card. I just used my pinking shears along the edge and stitched it down. I then colored the same images on natural cardstock and colored them with copics, stitching down to secure. Cute, simple and easy!
K....it doesn't get easier than this! I used scraps from cutting the edges of my fabric and used them at my tag top as well as on the front. I used the smallest heart die cut for the little corner accent to tie in that theme as well.

I'm looking forward to flying back home tomorrow. The certification classes went really well out here!
The class I taught was SO gracious as it took me a few moments in the morning to work out my nerves. Once I started coloring though....I was fine.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Janine said...

I love this set.. I work with felt alot too! Things work up so quickly. Your work is great...
Thanks for all your help at the Copic class on the 24th...

Katie Paterson said...

I love the use of felt and paper together! What a wonderful gift.

Karen said...

WOW! I really love this! The fabric makes it so warm and homey...kinda like the cup of coffe you would make with it! Also really like the heart pinned on with...a heart pin!

Kerry Johnson said...

It was so great to meet you in Toronto Sherrie!! Thanks for all your help and tips - you are amazing!

marianne walker said...

You did a fabulous job! Great to hang out again.

Kim said...

Sherrie I just found your blog from Tara over at Inking on the Edge! What a fabulous blog you have!! I am adding you to my blog reader right now! Your work is AMAZING!!!! This set is adorable! Do you have a pattern for your felt bag? That is so STUNNING!!! Beautiful work!!! I will be back soon to visit!
Hugs~ Kim

Tara Godfrey said...

I love this set, Sherrie! The felt bag is super fabulous! I just love how you incorporate fabric into your projects! It was great meeting you in Toronto and I think we had the best table too, smile! Thanks for all the extra little tips...you have really inspired me to use my Copics in new ways and to get the most from my investment! I think the airbrush system is definitely the next step!!!
Thanks again,
t

Marja Sch said...

I hope you had a great time. Ther is an award for you on my blog :) Marja

Judi said...

This is wonderful! What a great idea.