Friday, May 16, 2008

Kinkade Extravaganza!

It is release day for this Hometown Pride image at Cornish Heritage Farms! I am excited to be a part of this team and this is the first TK release that I have been involved with. I hope to show you some fun ways to use these beautiful stamps! First off, coloring. This card was colored using my copic markers. The full tutorial is now up in the technique forums of CHF. You can find this tutorial HERE. I love to color these images with the markers.

Here is a close shot of the image itself. I love to see flags waving off of people's homes. Looks like a lovely street to live on.
Here are this cards deets:
Stamps:
Hometown Pride (Thomas Kinkade) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Land of the Free (Thomas Kinkade) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso, Hazelnut (Adirondack)
Paper:
Simply Smooth White, Suede Brown Dark and Medium (Prism)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
White gel pen (Inkssentials)
Metal corner (We R Memory Keepers)
Corner Rounder (Marvy)
Paper Piercer



Now, onto some projects! The focal point of this image has to be that flag. There are so many military wives and supporters that I thought a lovely brooch would look great with this image. I also captured in this photo the red rubber side of the vingette stamp. I love how detailed this stamp is and how deeply etched and yummy the rubber is. We do get a little giddy about our rubber, don't we...lol! Here are the deets on this project:
Stamps:
Hometown Pride (Thomas Kinkade) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Chocolate (Memento)
Paper:
Simply Smooth White (Prism)
Accessories:
Memories glass 1.5" square (Ranger)
Memories frame (Ranger)
Copic Markers
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Red velvet ribbon
Blue stitched ribbon


Last, but not least, you knew I had to incorporate a fabric project of some sort! How about a tote for the parade! I know as a mom I am always bringing things like sunscreen, snacks, water bottles etc to a parade. I wanted to see how a finely detailed stamp would work on fabric. This is not an iron-on, it is direct to fabric stamping. Make sure you have a high thread count fabric and ink up your stamp really well and press hard....I was so pleased with the results!
Here are the deets on this project:
Stamps:
Hometown Pride (Thomas Kinkade) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Vermillion Glow (Palette Metallics)
Accessories:
Fabric
Felt flower and velvet brad (Making Memories)
Satin Ribbon
Canvas bag (dollar store)
Sewing Machine

So there you have it, lots to look at for the weekend....HERE is the link for the hometown pride release. You can check out the gallery HERE for lots of techniques and ideas with this stamp!
Have a fantastic weekend!

9 comments:

Toni said...

beautiful image and what you have done with it I just love the Thomas Kinkade stamps
love the fabric bag just wonderful

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!! Beautiful image and beautiful coloring!! I, too, like the monochrome images. They're very handsome!

Melissa said...

Unbelievably stunning!

Many Blessings,
M.

Donna Baker said...

wow, Sherrie! These are AWESOME! love your first card (coloring) the brooch & tote are SO special! you always outdo yourself

Linda Carson said...

BRILLIANT!

Charmaine said...

Wowza! Love these...your coloring is gorgeous.

Charmaine

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh....those are ALL just fabulous! I'm totally impressed with your coloring skills!

Deborah said...

All of these TK cards and bag are wonderful Sherrie! I love the first one, I noticed it says from Home Town Pride collection. My BF lives in Placerville, CA and TK is from there. The town has lots of history and there is a Victorian feel still left among some of the town and homes. Great representation! Take care, Deb

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring is gorgeous, Sherrie....and I also love your monochromatic!! Beautiful projects!!