Thursday, May 15, 2008

Inchies, vintage style!

Today's challenge was to use inchies! I must admit, I have not yet fallen into this fun new trend but after today it is awfully tempting! I was chicken and didn't go all the way with the inchies....meaning leaving all that white space. I decided I wanted to incorporate them, not necessarily make them the focus. You can see each inchie is a little different. I masked the two separate books to do this.

Here is a close look at the main image. It is so sweet, reminds me of my kids when they were little. They still love books which makes me very happy! I colored this image with my copic markers, you can see the faint cool gray outline which helps anchor my image. I also drew a shadow under my image to make sure it didn't look like it was just floating there.
Here are all the deets to this card:
Stamps:
Lined Paper backgrounder Cornish Heritage Farms
All other stamps Crafty Secrets
Ink:
Pitch Black (adirondack)
Moulin Rouge, Reflection Blue (Palette)
Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger)
Paper:
White (Neenah)
Real Red (SU)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Red paper clip
Ribbon (MM)
Sponge


Make sure to come by tomorrow....it is Kinkade Release day! I have some fun projects to show you!

6 comments:

Bellawhoop said...

This card is just DARLING and one of the cutest I've seen in a while. :-) I love the notebook paper stamp and the layout. So sweet!

Ana Wohlfahrt said...

ADORABLE!! Fab coloring as ALWAYS :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Love your card!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....Sherrie, this is ADORABLE!! I love your style.

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Sherrie,
What a darling idea..Love the vintage..and the paper, and your coloring is gorgeous..

Conniecrafter said...

what a terrific vintage feel!