Monday, June 25, 2007

The sweetest flower


This is my card for today's SCS challenge. We were challenged to make a tall card with a discontinued SU set. I love the "art of life" set and will continue to use it. It has such a nice elegance about it. I cut strips of white cs and stamped the background on it, then distressed the edges to look like an old fence. The clouds were made using A Muse scallop stamp and I dirtied up the card using Tim Holtz (vintage photo) distress ink. The sentiment is from Papertrey.

Longing for those beautiful summer days, we've seen a lot of rain here in June!

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, you are so creative and talented. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love what you've done to create this scene from the art of life set! And its one of my favs too, thanks to you ;)

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Sherrie! I love the tall fence, and Art of Life is one of my faves!!

Anonymous said...

I really like this Sherrie! Neat idea with the fence! ~~Pam

Diane said...

Breath taking!! This is just beautiful!!! TFS!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card....and such a creative layout! Nice work!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW! I just LOVE this! I love Art of Life too. Love how you put it on a fence!

sophia landry said...

oh wow, this is gorgeous and original! I hope you don't mind me casing your idea, because it is awsome!

Patti Gingrich said...

This is such a great design! Wow! Thanks for the inspiration!