Sunday, June 24, 2007

Some questions answered


Would you look at our lazy pup! This is Lucy, she is our sweet little Havanese. She is 1.5 years old and is a member of our family. She loves our couch, when she is awake she sits on the back of it and is quite the little watchdog. Today I thought I would answer a few of the questions you all asked me back when I offered my blog candy. You asked...
"How long have you been stamping?"
Actually not for very long, about three years. I have been selling my cards for just over 2 years and been blogging since March. I am really enjoying this craft and since I am at home during the day it gives me a lot of creative time to invest in it. My daily routine (when the kids are in school) is to drive them in the morning, come home, make a latte, then clean up last days project messes and then survey what I will tackle.
"What is you favorite stamp company?"
This one is easy, I love them all for very different reasons. I love the cute and whimsical of A Muse, Gina K, Whipper Snapper, Paper Salon etc. I have a heart for the urban/chic in My Favorite Things, Rubber Romance. I love flowers and many styles of them, this includes parts of most stamp companies. I started with Stampin' Up and love the ease of sets that go together. Lately I have gravitated to the acrylics, mainly due to price, I can have more and buy more and be bored less!
"Have you studied Art?"
No, not formally, I have in the past year or so paid more attention to color charts and design elements. It is interesting that I have come to enjoy this art due to the fact that I was a math and science geek in school. LOL!
"How do you come up with card ideas and where do you start?"
This question was asked a lot and I think it really varies from crafter to crafter. I see ideas everywhere, especially in magazines (not card ones). I love Home Style magazines and often pick up ideas of color or pattern layouts from these. When I start at my table I usually have one element in mind that is my start place. This can be a new stamp or some fun ribbon where I draw color inspiration. I love my new Amy Butler DP that inspires me too. Sometimes I start with a sketch and then see what stamp or focal image suits the layout. I tend to go with my moods in this way.
"What new item is a must have?"
This is very easy since my newest love is the Copic markers I just purchased. Wow, does this makes coloring so much easier and very precise! I love that they don't show streaks except when you want to do shading. I can color an object in and then go over the areas where I think shading would occur again and that shows up just a smidge darker. I plan on doing a side by side comparison very shortly on copics and prismacolors. The color with the copics just pop even if you are doing light shades.....love them!

2 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

wow!! im so delighted to see you have a havanese!! love them, my mother in law to be has one named Benji. When he was bought, he was only the third in the country. They had to go over to England to get him and he is a wee treasure.
Your havanese is gorgeous a wee cutie!!

Marlou x

Northern Ireland

jackie.stampster said...

Thanks for sharing your talent. I enjoy your blog.

I, too, have a 1 1/2 year old Havanese. She is spunky, but seems to be calming down some. They are so smart. I keep my Bella's hair cut short, too. Mine is white, black and silver.