Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I get to play!

Back in my studio playing again! I almost didn't know where to begin...so I had to settle my head down and start with SCS's color challenge. Today we were challenged to use red, kraft and black....what a pretty combo.

If you are like me, when you get some new toys you need to play with them. The new label 1 dies from spellbinders are my newest toy and I just love them! Here are the deets on this card:
Stamps:
Christmas Critters (Kim Hughes), Joyeux Noel by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:

Snow Cap Pigment Ink (Ranger)
Tuxedo Black Memento Dye Ink (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Kraft, Blush Red Dark, Black (Prism)
White (Copic)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Label 1 Die (Spellbinders)
Paper Frills (Doodlebug)
Ribbon (Costco)


A close shot at the copics I used to color this deer. I tried out copics new marker paper and WOW do the colors blend well! I can't wait to try it out with my detail stamps!
I started by coloring the deer with a base color Y23 and then blended in my two shades of brown (E33, E35).

Come back tomorrow when I play a little catch up on my blog....some before and after shots of my studio and some thanks for blog recognition awards...

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card!! :)

CraftyC said...

What a lovely card, must get those new dies!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the layout!