Sunday, October 26, 2008

New from Saturday Evening Post!

Have you been waiting to see what is new from the Saturday Evening Post line at CHF? Well this week brings a treat....3 new releases happening on Tuesday. I have a lot ready to show you so I thought I would start with this very neat fall image.
This is called Fall Harvest. I inked it in my espresso adirondack ink and then inked just the corner (Saturday Evening Post) section in blue and then pasted it over top. The old typewriter scrapblock was the perfect background accent for this image too....we are talking "print".

This image I colored completely with my Copic markers. For those of you just starting with markers the "rule of thumb" is to usually blend and shade with colors in the same family (R-for example) and keep the first number the same and the second number only 2 to 4 digits apart. (R81, R85) One of my favorite "pink" combos.....

****Technique chat*****
In this image for the fruit you can see I used completely different colors and blended them into each other. The green apple with the golden spot. I achieved this by coloring my golden patch first then the green. I then took my golden marker and touched the tip to the green and then used that golden marker to blend the edges where the two colors met.
This technique also helped me in the variety of colors that my fall leaves have.

I definitely wanted to share this close shot of the harvest. I went over a lot of the images with my orange and clear spica glitter pens, just the right amount of shimmer not to overwhelm the image.
Here are all the card deets...watch for more release images coming tomorrow...I have SO much to show you this week!
Stamps:
Fall Harvest (SEP) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Old Typewriter (Scrapblocks) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso, Pebble Adirondack Dye Ink (Ranger)
Denium Adirondack Pigment Ink (Ranger)
Paper:
Simply Smooth White, Birchtone Light, Mystic Blue Dark, Espresso (Prism)
Accessories:
Ciao Markers (Copic)
Orange, Clear Spica Glitter Pens (Copic)

Ribbon (Martha Stewart)
Twine

3 comments:

Linda Carson said...

WOW! What a beautiful stamp! Your artwork & coloring are also spot on! Beautifully done Sherrie!

Conniecrafter said...

Great harvest card, neat coloring!

Mary said...

Thank you for all the wonderful details. The card is delightful and the colors are absolutely beautiful. You have so much talent!!