Thursday, October 23, 2008

Inspire

ONE WORD...today's ways to use it challenge on SCS!
So what inspires you? This card combines many of the things that inspire me.....the most obvious in the card is nature, God's beautiful creation that is in glorious color all around me.
I also am inspired by quiet and tranquility....something in this image speaks that to me.
The last one in this card is harder to spot, but it is there. MUSIC, can you see the aged sheet music stamp in the background. I listen to MANY types....from 80's pop, Jazz, Gospel, Abba...even some of my daughter's music.
So today you get a PEEK at the new Thomas Kinkade that is coming for release on OCTOBER 30th! This new stamp design is called "Clocktower Cottage"....so pretty and so detailed....I just colored a small section today, but I saved my full colored one for release day!
A few details on this card I wanted to point out which I find really help a card "pop". I airbrushed the colors from my colored image in the word "inspire". The sewing added to the dimension and mixing the stitches is always a fun eye-catcher. The prima flower was actually a totally different color but I loved the texture and design to it so I colored it with YG95 to match my greens.
One of the last details you can see in this shot. I love the spellbinder nestabilities because you can actually "nest" them in your design. I cut out the larger oval in my TK stamped paper as well as my background paper. I then "nestled" my background paper into the hole in my image so that it lays FLUSH. I love that it doesn't look like a popped up layer.....kinda cool lookin'!
Here are all the card deets:
Stamps:
Clocktower Cottage (Thomas Kinkade), Big Inspiration (MLM), Aged Sheet Music (Scrapblocks) all by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Espresso, Latte Adirondack Dye Ink (Ranger)
Paper:
Simply Smooth White, Espresso, Spring Willow Dark (Prism)
Thomas Kinkade Masculine Series Patterned Paper (CHF)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Air Brush System (Copic)

Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Flower (Prima)
Ric Rac (Creative Impressions)
Sewing Machine

7 comments:

Linda Carson said...

BRILLIANT!

loretta said...

These are very pretty! I love all the attention to detail!

Wonderful work,Thank you for sharing with us!

Darlene said...

Awesome card!! I'll be watching for this image ... I have all the rest and love everyone of them!!!

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh now that is a fantastic idea!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning. Your work is always so fabulous.

Conniecrafter said...

So Lovely, like how you highlighted it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful! Love the image and the colors. TFS!
I tagged you on my blog... hope you'll play along! :o)