Saturday, June 7, 2008

Modern Whimsy

This idea came to me late at night....again (lol). I just can't seem to turn my brain off sometimes. I received this BEAUTIFUL fabric from Michael Miller and thoughts of an owl family came to mind. I did not have a pattern, just an idea in my head. I stamped the URA Hoot owl on the bellies and colored with pigment markers.

Here is a close up of "mommy" owl. Isn't she sweet. I used Making Memories buttons for the eyes. When I colored the stamped owl with my pigment pen the pattern of the white fabric shows through...kinda cool.

This was for the "winged things" challenges over on the CHF forums. I thought after the week I've had that a touch of whimsy was in order.
Here are the deets:
Stamps:
URA Hoot (Kim Hughes) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Black (Palette Metallic)
Accessories:
Fabric (Michael Miller)
Pigment pens (Adirondack)
Liquid Pearls (Adirondack)
Buttons (Making Memories)
Sewing Machine
Stuffing

2 comments:

Deborah said...

These owls are just adorable! Deb

Judy Rozema said...

What darling owls!! Just adorable! And your card is just cute as can be! I love the pin holding it shut - the bfly fits right in there!