Saturday, October 13, 2007

Super Simple!

How fun are these??!! This was a super quick set of 6 that I created using Beate's sketch challenge. Sometimes I think verses need to be stamped on the front (not just the inside) and this one is so cute....who could resist? The sentiment and image are from Wordsworth.
Could you believe my luck....they fit perfectly inside a frame from my Fancy Pants acrylic set! Wow, what a score! Just a touch of copic coloring and a felt flower with jewel brad and it's done. Oh yes, the patterned paper is from the Martha Stewart clearance bin. I thought the dots were pretty close to the same scale as the image's heads....pretty cool! Make sure you pop over to Beate's blog to try her weekend challenge HERE.

Here is a close up so that you can read the very sweet verse. I loved how quick and simple these were to create and I'm sure the flower shops will eat em' up.

I find it gratifying to make the complex cards that take me an hour to do one masterpiece as well as these that took me 20 minutes to do 6! They serve different purposes and I hope that both styles inspire you to try stuff on your own.

The biggest "hint" I would have to offer is to stay true to you. It is so easy to be pulled from one style to another but you can make almost any style of stamp your own. This is something I try to keep in the front of my mind when creating....ok...(stepping off my little box now)...teehee.

14 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous sweet cards and love that verse :)

Alhambra Club said...

What great cards, love the pink and green and that wonderful verse

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh, I just LOVE this, Sherrie! Inspire me, heck I just want to copy this exact card it's so perfect! LOL I just ordered this set and now, REALLY can't wait to get it! :)

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I love this! Can you believe I own this set and still haven't inked it yet? It's just so wrong! :) I love your card and you've totally inspired me!

Lori said...

Beautiful set of cards!

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute! I love the paper and those gems! That is awesome how the image and sentiment fit in the frame perfectly!

Alli Miles said...

Fun cards and great advice!

Deborah said...

Perfect cards! Thanks for sharing your thoughts too! Deb

Andrea, said...

Fantastic cards and such wonderful colours. The sentiment is lovely

Jill said...

This is great Sherrie. I love the fun images and colors.

Theresa said...

You put all this together so wonderfully! But only 20 min?!?!?! You've gotta be kidding! Way to go!

Jamie Garrett said...

Love the card and absolutely love the saying. Where can I find Wordsworth stamps?

Anonymous said...

LOVE these!!
barb

Anonymous said...

Those cards make me go ahhh...they are so sweet!