Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful for you

There are times in life when you get to be the givers and others when you receive....This past week we were blessed by my niece,nephews and parents! My hubby has been laid up with an awful back injury and is slowly getting some comfortable movement back...so raking leaves in our yard was a DAUNTING task. See below for our family photos....
Pin It

I am SO Canadian! I love this "thankful leaves" set by MFT because it has a LOVELY maple leaf! I did a little faux letterpress look. I embossed the fall leaves Die-namics on a piece of sno cone card stock and then inked in the solid image with the new "Wild Cherry" ink!

Here is a side shot so that you can see the embossed edge. A few little border strokes with my Scor-pal , a sentiment and knitted button....and a very clean and simple card to give to my niece and nephews.

Just like my yard....now very clean! :)




SUPPLIES:

Stamps: Thankful Leaves (MFT) Ink: “Espresso Truffle” Memento (Tsukineko), “Wild Cherry” MFT (Colorbox) Paper: “Snow Cone”, “Hot Fudge” (MFT) Accessories: Fall Leaves Die-namics (MFT), Scor-Buddy (Scor-Pal), Twine, Knitted Button Finished Size: 4.25x5.5
An unbelievable amount of leaves fell this year....I guess our trees aren't getting any smaller.
We ended up raking leaves onto a tarp....because we would have never had enough bags! Thank goodness for family with pick up trucks!
Daniel and Tyler carrying up the leaves to the truck....
We were blessed with a sunny day!
Grandma and my niece Grace working together.
Grandpa pulling out the "big guns"!
A look at the corner of our yard....yes....this was a BIG job! All clean, now it can snow:) Thank you to my awesome family!

2 comments:

Lori Craig said...

Families such a wonderful, wonderful gift. You are blessed. Your card is beautiful! Hugs!

g said...

such a gorgeous card and how wonderful to rake leaves together! hope your husband is feeling better & better!