Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vinyl on the Cricut!

Officially NOTHING is safe in my home from my papercrafting hobby!
I wanted to show you a couple of vinyl pieces that I cut with my cricut expression to add a little pizazz to my laptop. I loved making my laptop "mine" lest it be confused with some other macbook pro.
Like I say....nothing is safe. This is my beloved Rancillio coffee machine. I love how this branch reached around the backside of my stainless machine. The "wipeability" of these wall vinyls is really great too as my coffee machine gets wet from the steamer wand.
Here is a quick little photo by photo of how to do it!
I believe this branch came from the "Happily Ever After" cartridge. I used a deep blade length of "6" and a multicut of "2" on my cricut expression to get nice clean cuts.
I did use the recommended transfer tape for the vinyl so that my branch would be straight and have no little bubbles. In the photo my vinyl face is laying against the sticky tape and then I peeled off the backing of the vinyl before applying it to my desired surface.
Here I put the vinyl branch to my clean laptop face and burnished it with a large popsicle stick.
I did the same thing to my coffee machine.
Here I peeled up my transfer tape. I love the vinyl that is made for the cricut. It cuts nice and clean (no little annoying tabs) and adheres really well.......
We have just had our walls painted.....I will have to wait awhile before attacking those!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrie!
the coffee machine looks great too! Cutting the Provo vinyl is great isn't it...
Have an awesome day!

Sandy :)
sandysom at shaw dot ca
scribblesbysandy.blogspot.com
(Copics class Kelowna June 4)

cabio's craft corner said...

Now I get to see what you meant by the decorating your coffee machine during the Copic class. You know who is going to play with her cricut and appliances this week, lol
Hugs,
Cabio

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, great way to personalize your home

goldyfish said...

Why not make your stuff your own. Love how you personalized everything.

Denise Young said...

Nicely done! looks great... love vinyl accents. Have them throughout my house too. TFS.

Anonymous said...

A tablet and a laρtоp come together at http://wwω.
squіԁοo.com/ѕamѕung-аtіv-smart-pс-pro-700t-rеvіew
Here is my web blog - Singing lessons & Vocal Exercise Download