Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Who can resist a royal wedding? I think there is a little fairy tale wedding enjoyment in all of us. I, for one, will be staying up to watch the festivities. I remember watching Diana's wedding when I was a little girl....awestruck by her dress.
Today's card is in anticipation of the wedding....also I love to have wedding cards in my stash as we get close to summer.
All the images and papers are Melissa Frances, you can find them in the 5th Avenue collection at Ellen's shop HERE.
The rolled roses were created out of paper and crepe paper using this Mini Rolled Roses die from My Favorite Things.
Here is a little close up of the rolled roses. You can really manipulate the petals when cutting them from crepe paper...the pearl centers are just a finishing touch.

I'd love to hear if you are staying up too.....looking forward to the pageantry, elegance and attention to every detail that only a royal wedding brings. I hope they get a beautiful day as it is POURING here today.

3 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is just lovely, pretty image and love the paper behind, the flowers are gorgeous, well I taped 3 different channels coverage of the wedding, that isn't too obsessed is it :-) I couldn't get myself out of bed that early so I thought taping it was the next best thing

Anonymous said...

Your card is Gorgoues... I did stay up and watch the wedding it was just beautiful.

Ecommerce Website Developers said...

Gorgeous!!! Its a lovely card!!! I just love it. This is looking like royal card,no doubt in it. Those flowers are looking beautiful and great.. Thanks for this great card.