Monday, January 24, 2011

CHA is coming!

This is one of the fabulous lines that Melissa Frances is carrying into this year....Kitschy Kitchen!
Our family favorite cookies are Jam Jams...so I thought when I made them this Christmas I would take a few photos of them.
Here is a close up of my favorite way to EAT jam jams.....with a latte, of course!
The rub-on looks great on my white cup too! I love these resin frames for highlighting my photo.
Underneath is a tag that I have stitched on and added a couple of buttons.
LOVE these chipboard pieces too! It adds great dimension to my page.
I have this old pitted flour scoop that was my grandmothers, perfect for this photo!
The edge of this layout is using the crepe paper from Melissa Frances, I just airbrushed it a little with my copic markers to make it "cookie colored" and then stitched it on.
Oh yum.....it is a good thing that there aren't any in the house right now....as I could down quite a few right now!
Make sure if you are going to CHA to stop by the Melissa Frances booth as you won't be disappointed with their goodies!


Here is the Jam Jams Recipe:
Jam Jams
2eggs
1c. brown sugar
1c. shortning (crisco blue box)
6tbsp syrup (rogers)

2tsp. baking soda

1tsp. vanilla

Flour to make a soft dough (3-5c.)

Cream together your shortning and sugar Add the eggs, syrup, and vanilla Sprinkle in the soda Gradually add the flour, just enough so that the dough pulls away from the perimeter of the bowl. Roll out to desired thickness and cut into shapes. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 min (or until lightly golden brown) Sandwich your cookies with your favorite homemade jam. I love raspberry, nice and tart!

3 comments:

nancylempinen.blogspot.com said...

Love your photos of your baking, great idea...now I'm hungry.

Conniecrafter said...

neat idea this will be nice for generations to come to see how yours looked not just the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I'm not one that bakes, but I love your project. I love Melissa Francis products, just wish there was a store close by that carries them. Have fun at CHA, I look forward to going next year. I will be sure to stop a visit you :). Hugs Linda Duke