Monday, November 1, 2010

Pure Innocence Teaser Day!

Welcome to pure innocence teaser day at My Favorite Things...as you hop around today you will see previews of the totally sweet girls being released November 3rd. I am showing you "Naptime". When I think of naps I think of cozy pajamas. Perfect excuse to use some of my fabric stash.
The whole background of this card is fabric....sewn onto a white card base.
I stamped my PI girl on X-press it Blending Card and colored her with my copic markers. I also stamped the image again on my scrap fabric with versacraft ink. I then cut out the pj's and pieced them on my image. I also stamped the image on some green fuzzy fabric that mimics a blanket as well.
Here is a close up of this sweet little darling.
Here are a few details you should know about this month's release:
Teasers begin October 30th and will happen every day until and including release day. You can find the list of designers for teasers each day at 11am EST on the MFT Blog.
The release party will be happening on the MFT Forums on November 3rd beginning at 8pm EST (that is 5pm for us here in the pacific time zone).
Don't forget to check out our guest designer contest this month. You can find all that info in the forums HERE.
The big "Hop and Shop" day will be release day (November 3rd) where you will be able to hop and see all the goodies on the designer's blogs and then do a "shop" the festivities will begin on the MFT blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

39 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Awwwww.....this is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Love the fabric additions!!!!

Jana Weaver said...

So sweet...love the fabric on there!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Ahhh....look at all that cuteness. The fabric is the perfect touch.

Kelli Hull said...

OH so WARM and FUZZY... love the card Sherrie!!!!

jeanne girl said...

She is so cute!! Way to make me want more stamps :)

Nicole said...

LOVE the texture you got with the fabric jammies and soft fuzzy blanket. And your color scheme was refreshing after all the warmer winter colored ones.

Kim said...

You gave her a real blanket! Be still my heart.... Beautiful Sherrie1

Melody said...

Love the use of fabrics and the blanket is perfect!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh way to PRECIOUS!!

Lisa H. said...

this is waaaay beyond cute! love her.

Michelle said...

How do you make a cute image even cuter? You make the blanket fuzzy for real. WOW! Fab card.

Shaz said...

Fabric! I love it!

Eva said...

OMG...what a fantastic and genius idea to use fabric on this image...sooo love it, especially the blankie...

Susan said...

I love the dimension to her blankie!

Linda Carson said...

Super cute! Love it!

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the fuzzy blanket.

Unknown said...

oh my stinkin' goodness is this sweet!!! Totally love it! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable Sherrie! I LOVE all of the fabric! :D

Donna Baker said...

I LOVE it when you incorporate fabrics in your creations, so much dimension I totally want to see this IRL! thanks for inspiring us!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Dibbsies!!! Look at those jammies!!! They're so cute!!

Michellem said...

Reminds me of when my boys were little - I miss those days of footed jammies! What a great card!

Erin Smetak said...

This is SO cute! I just LOVE that pattern fabric! You turned those jammies into COOL jammies! LOL!

Jackie said...

I love the way you used fabric on this, it's so sweet and fuzzy! Perfect for this stamp set, loving this!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Love the fabric!! Very cool addition.

jennik

Cassie_lu said...

what a sweet card and the little blanket is super cute

Janet said...

SWEET! The paper is great. Love the texture to it. :D

Janet said...

DAH! I meant to say love the fabric you used. LOL

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable! Great colors!
DeniseB

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO precious. I love it. :)

JessicaK said...

Fantastic! This card reminded me of Where the Wild Things are, but with PI!

scrappintlc said...

Awwwwwww that is way too cute. Love the jammies and blankie.

starqueen said...

Hi Sherrie,
Wow! I love that you ised actual fabric for your piecing and layer! Your PI girl looks so cozy.
Thanks for sharing!

Karen T said...

so sweet~ love the details on the blankie!

Scrapcollectr said...

Your paper piecing (or should I say "fabric piecing"?) rocks! she looks so cozy!
*smile*

Megan said...

I love all the fabricy textures you have going on here!

Michele Boyer said...

I LOVE her little blankie and pj's! You're so clever. :)

Anonymous said...

Sherrie! This is brilliant, really amazing! I love her blankey...my 13 year old still has hers!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, great idea to use fabric on this card, love the blanket!

iPhone App Developer said...

Wow, Now that surprised me as i really never had an outlook on the subject like that.