Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Apple Hunt

Did you see this fun layout that is up on the Melissa Frances blog today? This is one of our Halloween traditions....apple bobbing. It is actually only one of the many things we do to celebrate Halloween. We also do a fun wiener/marshmallow roast, hay ride and you can't forget a fun game of kick the can in the dark. I used a fun mix of Melissa Frances products for this particular layout. Here are some close ups:
I printed these photos off in a sepia tone and then colored the apples myself with my copics. I love this hit of red that this brings to these photos....
I also used my airbrush system a lot in this layout. I first laid my letters on my paper and sprayed them so that you would see a ghost image of the letters. I also airbrushed that pretty damask pattern from a crafter's workshop stencil. I love the size of this stencil!
Ah, yes, my little drama queen. I love how expressive my daughter is. The rub-ons and the cute little resin frame is also Melissa Frances.

A little aside:
I am still trying to right my brain back into a west coast time zone after coming back from Halifax on the weekend. I had such a great time....Halifax women rock! We had a wonderful day coloring and learning! Thanks to all of you!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Jessie Porter said...

Those cards look great I really like the colors and picture layout. Great job.