Friday, October 29, 2010

Sketch Friday!

I am not a real Halloween buff so this is my one and only card of the Halloween season. I couldn't resist but to make at least one card with these cute little costume monsters from the set called "Tiny Town Halloween" from My Favorite Things.
I had some serious fun with my copic airbrush system and grungeboard too! I have had this Halloween house kicking around forever and I thought it would make a cool backdrop for my trick or treaters. A few shots with Y38 for the windows and then some B79 for a silhouette look (but I didn't want it black). I also added some shots of BV29 to the bats and added some deeper yellow to the moon as well.
The little costume monsters were stamped in versacraft and then embossed in white.
Here is a little side view as I wanted to share the neat dimension the grungeboard gave my card. I used glossy accents to glue my bats down (just a small dab in the centers so that their wings could curl up).
As you can see I strayed from the sketch (I know, again). I started with the circle image (the moon) and knew I could use the bats as my "bow". The house is that dividing paper piece that runs right up the middle. There is my thought process behind this sketch....
Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the sketch crew came up with:
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Melissa Sauls: In Stamping Mode
Lori Craig: Making a Difference
Rachel Sztonyk: Gingerbread Gallery
Alice Lihsuan-Wertz: Alice's Little Wonderland
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Rosie Hughes: Love my Craft Room

That's it for today....be sure to pop back tomorrow as MFT teasers begin and I have a fun little project to share with you!

7 comments:

jeanne girl said...

Very fun!!! Pretty spooky card :)
xx
jeanne

Linda Carson said...

Oh what FUN! Love your creative style!

Jami said...

Very spooky! Super fun effect. And I love how you described your interpretation of the sketch. LOL!

Alice said...

very pretty spooky night sky! fabulous halloween card!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Spooktacular, Sherrie! I love what you do with Copics! So spooky and cute!
:) Rach

Monika/Buzsy said...

Spooky scene! Another fab card Sherrie.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally fun!!