Monday, April 5, 2010

Pure Innocence Teaser Day!

My favorite day of the month....the pure innocence teaser day by My Favorite Things! I just adore this little "book in hand" girl. I wanted to give her the vintage flare I love. I paired her up with some Melissa Frances patterned paper. I paper pieced her sweater and purse to match.
I chose the color scheme based on that fabulous chipboard button from Jenni Bowlin.
A little strip of the Cosmo Cricket Core Impressions cardstock....made by Core'dinations. I loved to just sand it a little to bring out that writer's paper pattern.
Yes, I'm getting a lot of use out of twill tape....I have YARDS of it, best to not feel like I have to be thrifty with it.
Here is a close shot of the coloring. Once I had cut her out with my spellbinder die (the same die I showed you yesterday) I airbrushed with my W1 marker to match the vintage feel of the paper.
Check out all the PI teasers on the designers blogs today, you can find the full list by 11am on Kim's Blog!

Have a great day and come back tomorrow for another great teaser peek!

14 comments:

Barbara said...

Awwwwwww, just adorable, Sherrie! I love that blue board behind her!

Jana Weaver said...

Super sweet...love that chipboard button on there enhancing the vintage feel!

Kerry Johnson said...

So pretty Sherrie!! I just love the vintage look!

Amy Sheffer said...

Adorable! What a great vintage look!

Megan said...

That vintage touch is GREAT!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh, this is so cute, Sherrie! I love everything about it!

Melody said...

Adorable Sherrie! Love the polka dots and what great paper!

donna mikasa said...

Love the paper piecing! Such an adorable card!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is stunning! You are SERIOUSLY GENIUS when it comes to colour choice & colouring, though I imagine with the instructing you hear that all the time. What I wouldn't do to get certified at one of your classes! Such a stunning card--the layout & embellishments are too cool for school hehehe. ;O)

g said...

so cute & pretty- i too love your awesome vintage look and as always your coloring is so beautiful- i could look at it forever!!

Carolyn King said...

totally sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!! Love her! I watched your shading tutorial and I did it on my Mojo Monday card, tell me what you think teacher!! LOL

Sissy Faulkner said...

One cute card!!! Great patterns!

stampqueen said...

Soooo Cute!!! Love the sweater and matching purse :)