Thursday, June 25, 2009

More than paper

I love getting the most out of my rubber stamps and papercrafting supplies. I thought this would make a cute gift for a little girl. Sometimes it is fun getting those really personalized gifts...no one else will have these socks!
I had a little ahhhh, sniffle moment when I pulled out these keepsakes for this photo. My daughter's shoes and the blanket great grandma made her....Sniffle, now she is going into High School this fall!

On a personal note...she just received her grade for her RCM grade 7 piano exam....she received an 88! We are so proud of her....that is high honors in the piano world!
Back to the socks....they were stamped with palette's burnt umber ink and then I went with embroidery floss around the perimeter. I colored in the cupcake tops with copics and a button for accent.
I used the sweetie stamp from "The birds and the bees" and the cupcake from "Baked with Love" both are from the Kim Hughes Collection at Cornish Heritage Farms.

Off to the last day of school awards ceremony....summer is here!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Thank you for the lovely idea. I'm currently pregnant with our first child and she's due in November. I *love* cute socks!!

Erin Bassett said...

Absolutely adorable!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Congrats to your daughter, I never stuck with piano that long, and my daughter did the same as myself.
these are so sweet, gotta love those little buttons to top it off!

Shellys Crafts said...

thank you for sharing. What a cute idea. I have my first granddaughter. Guess what she's going to get. I paint on alot of things, but I've never stamped on any. LOVE IT. They are sooooo cute.