Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Taylor...you sweet thing....I am "celebrating you" today! The best way I thought of to celebrate our friendship was to join the two things together we like the most!

I love coffee, you love cupcakes. I will note one inconsistency....the cupcake and the coffee cup should be the same height...lol!
You are such a sweet friend and I really hope you enjoy your day "hoppin" around to see what your stamping friends have done...

Wishing you a lot of fun (and of course cupcakes) on your birthday. Enjoy!

Ok, for the papercrafting part of this close up I wanted to show you how pretty it is when you use your airbrush system to highlight images. Here I colored and shaded my cupcake and coffee first then I put my BG10 in my airbrush system and sprayed my white cardstock. I was careful to make my edges slighly darker leaving the space around my image the lightest...therefore highlighting it. I know it is something that is very subtle but I wanted to show you it was actually intentional....
Here's the whole card. I mimicked the blossom shape on my cosmo cricket patterned paper by using the blossom die from spellbinders to cut the shapes for my image. I used that same blossom die for the little felt flower in the corner as well.
Here are all the card deets:
Stamps:
The Cafe (Shady Tree Studio), Script Essential Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Paper:
Early Bird (Cosmo Cricket)
Simply Smooth White (Prism)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Airbrush System (Copic)

Blossom Die (Spellbinders)
Felt
Suede Brad (Making Memories)
Liquid Pearls
Sanding Block


Here is the sketch so you can play along in TAYLOR'S challenge.
Don't forget to see what the rest of the cupcake crew came up with:
Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Vicki Chrisman: This Art that makes me Happy
Jami Sibley: More is More
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Donna Baker: Serenity in Stamping
Jackie Pedro: The Scalloped Edge
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
The cupcake sampler this week is Bonnie Sharp! You can find Bonnie's wonderful creations HERE.

Enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

Donna Baker said...

what a bright, cheerful birthday card! YUMMY too - I LOVE COFFEE AND CUPCAKES!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this! Coffee and a cupcake sound simply delicious!

Jami said...

Your card is a bright wonderful sweet celebration! Love it!

Diana said...

Wonderful card!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Super cute , and happy card.. I love it!

Taylor said...

This is so cute, Sherrie! How sweet of you to combine two things we both love so much! :) Thanks for making my birthday super sweet!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a fun card, Sherrie!! Coffee and cupcakes...there's nothin' better!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card Sherrie! Nice colors and great image... TFS!

Bonnie said...

Brilliant idea!! Two wonderful food groups combined! yummy!

Linda Carson said...

What a sweet tribute to Taylor! Love the card!