Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Waste not....

One of the crafting oaths we take is to NEVER throw things away...right? That is why our craft rooms often look like a true mish mash of things and scraps. Yesterday I made that nifty little felt frame for my card. In order to achieve that frame I laid 2 nestability die cuts down on my felt and cut. I used the frame but could not "Bear" to throw out that remaining yummy felt cut out....so you see it here today!
Lots of fun little details in this card. The felt ric rac I picked up at my local fabric shop and yes, I airbrushed it to the perfect shade of green. The bear I colored with copics and then covered him with glossy accents (ranger) and then took my heat gun to him and overheat the glossy so it bubbled up and gave him texture. I was experimenting and it came out really neat!
Here are the rest of the details:
Rubber Stamps by Cornish Heritage Farms:
Bear Hugs (Kim Hughes Collection)
Ink:
Espresso Adirondack (Ranger)
Paper:
Weathervane (October Afternoon)
Accessories:
Copic Markers
Air Brush System (Copic) to color my felt ric rac

Stickles, Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Flower and Circle dies (Spellbinders)
Suede Brad (Making Memories)
Felt Ric Rac
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Sewing Machine


Enjoy your day! I'm off to my studio to play!

3 comments:

DoxieGirl said...

So stinkin' cute!
~Kendra

Conniecrafter said...

so cute, yes I save probably more than I really need to, but I just never know :)
the felt ric rac colored like that almost looks velvety, love the flower too!

Tereza Crump said...

I am with you. I have as many scraps of papers, felt, fabric as I have unopened packages of scrapbooking materials. :) Waste not is my mantra!! LOL