Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Kritter Release Day!

I can't quite get enough of these snugglin' birds. They are released today at CHF! Yes, I realize they are cardinals and should be red....but that is where some artistic license comes in.... We have a lot of blue jays here and I wanted to play along in today's color challenge at SCS while using this image. Yup, artistic license it is!

I colored these little darlings with my copics and used the orange copic spica pen for their beaks...it looks really cute close up! I also used my airbrush system to color the frosted maya road flower and to airbrush the edges of my vanilla card stock. The final touch....that YUMMY lace by prima!

Here are the full card details:
Stamps:
Cuddling Cardinals, Always Be There (Friendly Kritters) by Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink:
Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:
Natural Smooth, Black (Prism)
Off Beat Patterned Paper (Basic Grey)
Accessories:
Markers, Spica Glitter Pen, Airbrush System (Copic)
Frosted Flower (Maya Road)
Flowers and button (Making Memories)
Lace (Prima)


Enjoy your day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are cute and I like how you colored them. TFS!

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE these! The colors are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some cute critters! Love them! Beautiful coloring, too!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the way you colored them, that is what is nice about stamps you can get so many different looks out of one stamp!