Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grow Your Dreams

I think I need to share a little story about dreams. It was about a year ago when Alli Miles posed the question... "what are your dreams in regards to stamping?" I was so nervous to reply to her and make my dreams known. Somehow verbalizing it to someone helped me focus and strive for what I wanted.

My reply:
"I'd love to be published one day, or dare to dream to be on a design team". I must admit at that time those goals seemed WAY OUT THERE. Now looking back, I am so blessed! I am experiencing the joy of publishing, and I have worked with great design teams and currently serve on two....Dirty Dozen and Cornish Heritage Farms.

Where am I going with this? If you are so brave, I want to extend the same opportunity that Alli extended me.
Please leave a comment and let me know..... What are your dreams? I'd love to watch them grow with you!

To today's card:
I really wanted the colors to pop to add emphasis on the sentiment. This sentiment is a sneak peek of the motivational centers that will be released May 6th. They are all really good!
Here are the card deets:
Stamps:
Bloomin' Beautiful, Motivational Centers (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink:
Espresso (adirondack), Green pigment ink (colorbox)
Paper:
Frosted Teal, Simply Smooth White, Espresso (Prism)
Accessories:
Scissors, Tim Holtz ruler, nestabilities (spellbinders), copic markers and glitter pen, We R Memories hardware, Dew Drops (robin's nest), Brown ric rac

Just wanted to give a thanks and a shout out to my good friend Alli.... that girl has been on FIRE lately with what she is doing in the stamping world! I am blessed by her friendship.

12 comments:

MichelleO said...

I guess I will go first...

I sit where you were a year ago. My dream is to be on a DT. I have applied to a couple, no word. I also would like to be published, I have once about 2 years ago with my scrapbooking. It has become almost a full time job to try and accomplish this goal and/or dream. I keep working and try to always keep in mind the 1st priority is that I am doing this because I love doing it. If god is willing possible my year may come soon!

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

I too would love to be on a design team. In fact, I only realised about a year ago that there was such a thing! Where have I been (blush). My other big dream is to start selling my cards in some local business. I'm hoping to take that plunge soon. Thanks for your tips a while back on this subject Sherie :o) I have twin girls that will be starting Kindergarten this Sept. and hopefully that will give me more time to dedicate to making my dreams a reality. Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Anonymous said...

Okay Sherrie I am a coward. lol But I still wanted to tell you how much I LOVE this card and that with your incredible talent your dreams were never far away from becoming reality. You are amazing.

Lori Craig said...

{{Sherrie}} YOU are a blessing to me! Wonderful post! Beautiful card! I'll be thinking about my dreams...

Terri said...

I would love to have more people visit my blog so my work and I would be better known in the stamping world. I would also like more people to buy my cards too. It would also be nice to win some contests and get recognition that way as well. Being asked to be on a design team would be nice too.
I am really glad to hear your stamping dreams came true. That gives me hope mine can too.

Cathrine StClair said...

I want to create a stamp store that is like a home away from home - one of those places where good creative karma just oozes from the walls. I want a place where women can come, hang out, be creative together and build fellowship. I don't know if this dream is very likely. I've started taking steps to get there, but everytime I turn around I hear of another scrap or stamp store closeing.........

Anonymous said...

I would love to make my stamping and papercrafting into a paying career, rather than a hobby that only nets me enough money to afford a few new tools.

Deb Wood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb Wood said...

This is sooo beautiful, love the colors and the dew drops!!

Right now I just want to be able to make fabulous cards to send to people and make them smile! and I guess it would be nice to make some money once in a while, instead of spending it all the time!!

Juanita B said...

your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the color combo!!

My dream is simple...I would just love to produce beautiful and creative cards. So far I'm doing a lot of collecting, LOL.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty and so fresh, the colors just pop!
I guess my dream is to live long enough and keep good health so I can enjoy grandbabies some day :) We lost 3 babies of our own and were blessed with one wonderful daughter who is graduating High School next month.

gretchenhs said...

My dream is to be able to do stamping/scrapping full time and not have to worry about another income.