Monday, December 10, 2007

Teacher Gift Card

Yes, it is teacher gift season. I find women quite easy, the men are hard to have good ideas for. I've given up and resorted to gift cards. This gift card holder will be for my daughter's middle school homeroom teacher. He is so great with the kids and does his job very well. I think he needs to kick back and relax over the Christmas break. I used My Favorite Things (let's hear it for the boys) set. This is a great must have guy set, I reach for it quite often. I did the image with paper piecing and used the wonder Cosmo Cricket DP line (wanted). The hinge is actually a sticker from Crafty Secrets that I nailed in with micro brads. I used the same micro brads to nail down the piece holding my ribbon tie as well.

Here is a look at it open, I haven't decided on which gift card yet. Any good suggestions out there? I did adhere this whole thing to a card base so that my daughter can still write a message inside.

Happy Monday everyone, this week looks like chaos for me. I think everyone thinks they need to put there programs in 2 weeks before Christmas. Next week looks fairly light. Does this happen to you too? I am blessed to have some crafting time during the day while the kids are at school.

Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Perfect card for the teacher! Deb

Anonymous said...

Gift card suggestions, how about one for Chapters or pizza and a movie. Perfect for when you are relazing and don't want to leave the house.
Dawn T

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great guy card! I'm sure that your daughter's teacher will get a kick out of this image-- love all of your design choices here!!!

DeborahLynneS

Pegg S said...

Great card -love how it's part of the regular card!! I think a coffee gift card (starbucks or something like that) or Best Buy. You can't go wrong w/ Best Buy for a guy (if he's anything like mine) !!

Michele Kovack said...

This is PERFECT!!!

Lorraine said...

great card for a guy! love it.
maybe a gift certificate to a book store..

Unknown said...

I just LOVE this card. So pretty, yet masculine, and it's a fabulous idea for a guy.

In this part of the country, most guys want something from Bass Pro Shop. Go figure! :-)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, how fun is this!!! Love your hinge and ribbon tab -- great project!!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for a guy, cool stamp and love the tab and papers!
Conniecrafter

Michele Cronsell said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love it! And as a teacher, I'd be very excited to get this!