Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Clear Advantage

There are some very distinct advantages to clear stamps. This is one of them. This giraffe from My Favorite Things normally looks straight ahead but I wanted to tilt his head so he could look up. All I did was bend his neck and then stick him to the acrylic block. This is a very cool feature. You can see in the card below why I wanted this. My little giraffe is looking to the sky seeing his monkey friend float away with his balloons.
I don't do one layer cards very often, mostly because they can be sometimes intimidating. To me it is a very raw look at elements and they need to be done VERY well to be effective. I just love the vibrancy in the alcohol inks so I used my aquapainter to apply the color to these images. I sketched a little ground and cloud and the stamps did the rest. The animals are from "It's a jungle out there" the balloons from the new "Icing on the cake" and the sentiment from the "essential sentiments" sets all from My Favorite Things! I just love it when sets work together!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

So so cute Sherrie!!

Deborah said...

Great card Sherrie! Thanks for the cool tip on the flexibility of the acrylic stamps! I will give that a go! Deb