Thursday, November 1, 2007

By the seashore

These are my cards for My Favorite Things new mini set "By the seashore". It is now available, just click HERE to see it and look at the other two new sets. Build a bouquet and the new sentiments set.

I am attempting to stretch myself by using different coloring techniques, as they all accomplish very different looks. I have been doing a bit of learning. The new CARD DESIGN book by the creator of Memory Box stamps has taught me a lot about shading and blending. The first card I did with prismacolors and gamasol. You can see the color is most vibrant on the outside, working lighter to the center. This draws your eye to the image. This one actually turned out to be my favorite. I made a frame with my nestabilities by placing two dies (one inside the other) and cut once. Cool result! I colored my image then popped up the frame so you can clearly see that the image is INSET. Love the shadows it creates. Made the little tag with the petite scallop circle nest.


This next card I let my ribbon be my color guide. I decided to pop OUT my image on this card. I actually used my Basic Grey (mellow) DP because it already had the clouds on it I was looking for. This one is colored with my copics. I used my SU ribbon slot punch to attach my ribbon and did some sewing on the cardstock. If you look close she has a velvet flower on her hat with a brad.

Come back tomorrow, cause I have even MORE to show you! These sets are very versatile, if you scout around the blogs of the design team you can see so many different looks...always a sign of a good stamp set!

Happy Stamping!

12 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are great, love the colors in your second card, I have aledy ordered the set, love it.

Alli Miles said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially love your layered nestabilities card and the colouring...it is BOLD!

Kelly said...

Great cards! I am liking that stamp more and more and more...

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Sherrie! Love this set and you do wonders with it!

Kendra Hernandez said...

both of these cards are just gorgeous Sherrie!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! I LOVE this set so much - so pretty and I love how you colored both! :)

Linda Carson said...

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL

Jukie said...

truly beautiful cards.

Theresa said...

Love that frame idea!!! Gonna have to play with mine yet.... eventually!!!

Deborah said...

Fabulous cards! Okay you got me! Gotta have these stamps! Deb

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring looks amazing on these cards! Wonderful cards!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Stunning cards Sherry!!! LOVE them!! And you're killin' me with the Nestabilities.........Christmas is a comin'!!! Heehee!!