Thursday, June 19, 2014

Impressionism and Copic Classes

First up! Some Copic Class news....I have updated my page to include some newly listed summer classes! Be sure to check it out! I am coming to San Jose in August!


I love it when inspiration hits! I was really inspired by the impressionistic coloring that I saw over on the COPIC blog this week! It is a beautiful style and one that I wanted to "give a whirl".

I pulled out the "Inspired by the Front Porch" stamp set and inked it up in Natural hybrid ink. Now to color....at first it can be daunting of where to begin. Just like the copic tutorial I am laying out my cool and warm shadows. Below you can see me outlining that with my W1, W3, C3 and C5 markers.
Below here....it is starting to take a little more form by adding in some more warm tones (heading towards the yellows and earth colors) and cool tones (more C markers and some BV as well)
Final touches were the sky and floor boards....The sky in some bright yellows and making sure some of that yellow color cast onto my chairs and floor boards. VERY FUN....you GOTTA try it!

Below is a look at the inside...some simple stamping but a neat reminder of the front image.
SUPPLIES:

2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Sherrie your card is just fantastic! Love this look!! One of your former students just dropping by!!!

Rosy Newlun said...

Very nice Sherrie - I love the scene and subdued color choices and the vibrant sky. I saw your comment at Copic and thought I'd hop over to see what you did!!! (I also love MFT) very best wishes, Rosy