Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Release Rewind!

Pin It

 I have been excited to share today's post with you all....if you like technique as much as I do,  then this is for you!

I have seen a lot of coloring of white embossing powder lately and thought I would give it a go.

There is this wonderful silhouette stamp of a bunny in the new "Easter Bunny" set from MFT! I stamped him and embossed him in white.

To color I used my copic ink....I really wanted a watercolor look so I put a few drops of ink on my block and used my water brush (filled with copic blender) as my paint brush. I left areas uncolored that I wanted to remain white. I ended up with this totally imperfect look that was EXACTLY what I was looking for! YAY!

I made the card base using the Pierced Square STAX Die-namics.

For the inside I did the same technique with the carrot that is in the "Easter Bunny" set and the sentiments that are also in this set.......LOVE!

 For my second card I used the sentiment from the new "Words of Inspiration" set as my inspiration! I thought of all the cute little birds that were released this month and thought they would make great friends.

The little birds come from both stamp sets:
"Sunflower Sweetheart" and "Spring Has Sprung"

I debossed some Clouds STAX in the background and used the new Blueprints 13 for the other cut out elements.

Below is a look at the inside.....simple stamping to reinforce the inspiration from the front of the card.

 Here is a list of the products available now at the MFT shop:

Be sure to check out all the inspiration in day 1 of the Release Rewind on the MFT BLOG! Thanks for stopping by!


Judith said...

Wow, amazing how your little experiment turned out!

Debbie Nelson said...

Love this!

Wendy said...

You are so creative, I love seeing what you come up with!

Sarah said...

Your 2nd card was such a fun and unexpected use pf products. You were in the zone!
God's blessings,
Sarah :)

Colleen Schaan said...

What a cute card and creative idea!

Cindy Lawrence said...

So beautiful, Sherrie! LOVE that watercolor on embossing powder technique...must try!

Victoria S. said...

i love the watercolor effect! Brilliant!

Jeannean said...

I can't wait for my happy mail to arrive! Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Jerri said...

I love this card. Thanks for the instructions on how you created it. I love the look and cannot wait to try it out myself.