Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday Sketch Challenge and CHA Copic Classes!

First off a little Copic Classes News! Make sure you check out all that are being offered at CHA! There are the Standard and Intermediate Certifications as well as:
Whimsical Faces and Hair
Airbrushing Projects
Exploratory Inking
Mixed Media Apron AND....
a brand new TRACING MEMORIES class! Doing the technique that I showed in this post

LOOKS like LOADS of coloring fun! See you there!

Pin It

 So happy I can play along with an MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge! I looked at the sketch (seen below) and pulled together all the stamp elements and Die-namics that I wanted to use.....then came up with the color scheme.

Some of you ask my design process so I thought I would include that today. I wanted to mix warm and cool colors together as my scene is "cool" but the sentiment is "warm". So the browns (chocolate brown and kraft) acted as my warm tones and then the greys (steel grey and steel blue) acted as my cool tones.  The mix of these came off in the modern way I was hoping that they would :)

I stamped my "Warm Winter" image with Espresso Truffle ink and colored it with my copics (a mixture of E's for the browns and the BG70,72,75 for the cool blues. I airbrushed the background with a combo of E43 and BG72 and W4. I made sure to deepen the airbrush color on the right side of my image where my light is weaker.

CANNOT get enough of those Sophisticated Snowflakes....they are so pretty stamped in sweet tooth ink.

Below is the sketch....be sure to play along with your chance at prizes! Just link up your creation to the MFT blog!
SUPPLIES:

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Great card! Love the colors and coloring. :)