Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A little jingle....

Pin It

 Oh how fun to just sit and play! I have wanted to dig out some techniques as soon as MFT starting making LARGE background stamps!

I took photos as I went so I will describe as I go!
 First off....stamping the Sheet Music backgrounder....I included the stamp in the photo so you can see how large this is. The beauty of that is you can stamp a background for a standard card in EITHER the vertical or horizontal format....SWEET!
 Next, I laid the Abstract Petals stencil over my stamped sheet and rubbed over top with my versamark pad and embossed with clear powder.
 I love customizing shimmer spray so these bottles you get from MFT come with just a sheer shimmer and then I added some reinker (in fuse green) to make a colored spray.
 I sprayed it up and then wiped down with a rag....the resist of the stencil will come nice and clean.
 I die cut the Santa's Sleigh and then used my other Woodgrain backgrounder to add some texture to the sleigh portion.
 I added some shimmer with a custom "Chocolate Brown" spray.
 I also added some chocolate brown spray to my Little Letters Die-namics.
Last step...adding some fun flock (AKA Snow) to the bottom of the card front. Mounted it on a fuse green cardstock base and there you have it! Some technique fun today!


zehra said...

Love the technique explanation, beautiful card

wandaguess said...

THIS IS SOOOOOO pretty and cool! Thanks for all the tutorial photos! Your card is just wonderful. Happy December! XO