Monday, April 22, 2013

MFT Creativei Challenge!

Pin It

  

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to do some scene building with MFT Stamps and Die-namics.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today.




I have a couple of fun cards, this one is a fancy fold. I cut an 8.5x11 sheet of paper in half (lengthwise). I scored at the 1",2",4",6",8.5" and folded it up like an accordion.

This is "Aim High" and she is flying her "Fly a Kite" Die-namics.

To create the scene I use the picket fence, grassy edges and rolling hills made from the snow drift Die-namics. I used MFT felt to make it more lush looking.

Below is a side view so you can see how I folded it.

The trees are  oval STAX cut from cork mounted on the sheltering tree and branch and leaves Die-namics.
SUPPLIES:



Here is scene #2! Time for a tea party!

I used the "Always time for tea" stamp set for the sentiments that are inside and out.

My favorite part was piecing together this little table scene with the "Always time for tea Die-namics".  I paired it up with the Lucille papers from Basic Grey.

I framed the whole scene with the Insta Frame Die-namics.

On the left is a close up of the sweet little tea cup and tea bag dangling from string.

I did three little banner strip Die-namics across the top to add to the party feel of this image.
Here is a look at the inside of the card.
SUPPLIES:




7 comments:

StampOwl said...

Fun cards, Especially love those trees

Amy Rohl said...

Wow, Sherrie, just WOW! I could crawl right into the kite scene, it's so soft and lush looking, and then settle in for a nice cup of tea. Love the mix of papers!

Tricia T said...

What a fun step card! She looks like she's really having to hold on not to get blown away!! : )

Mona Pendleton said...

Terrific cards Sherrie! Love all the layers and texture! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are FABULOUS!!

Liz said...

amazingly fun

Margaret said...

Wow! Stunning. Love your scene card. You are such a creative person. The papers you used for the teapot card are so gorgeous!