Monday, October 29, 2012

Creative Challenge Banners!

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create a custom banner using our assortment of STAX Banner Die-namics. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today.
Pin It
I am really looking forward to putting some of these projects up at Christmas. I decided to use the Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX to create the base of this banner.

Here are some more close up shots of the banner. I paired up this design with the Melissa Frances countdown to Christmas papers. I used the My Favorite Things 3/8" Rosette Dienamics and then added the smallest die from the Open Scallops Doily Duo and secured with hot glue. The Die cut letters are from the High Rise Alphabet Uppers Die-namics and the "to the" is from the By the Letters Die-namics set.

I trimmed off the corners using wild cherry felt to make Rolled Gardenia flowers (they looked festive to me).
Here is a look at the tree trio. I covered some old wooden trees that I have had for years from a friend and dressed them up for Christmas!  They are covered with patterned papers but can you spot the stamps?
Here is one of the stamps using MFT's brand new Wild Cherry ink pad (to be released Nov 13). This is from this months' triple scoop set "Seasonal Sentiments". I also glittered up the edges of my trees with Melissa Frances Vintage Glass.
Here is another stamp from that seasonal sentiments set....I loved the flourish in the stamp so I mimicked that in the resin piece.
Finally, the littlest tree....awwwww....Here is adorned it with another little felt gardenia flower and one of the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics.

I totally enjoyed making this fun project....and looking forward to hanging it all up! I am an early Christmas decorator :)

SUPPLIES:


8 comments:

Allie Gower said...

Love the way the chevron paper looked with your rosettes! Beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely ensemble and banner! SO pretty!

wendy said...

wow so terrific!

Lisa H. said...

oh, my! Sherrie!! I love what you did here. That holiday banner is gorgeous and so are your coordinating altered treees!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Christmas projects Sherrie! Love the pretty MF DP and the gorgeous felt flowers!

Inge Groot said...

Wow love the sparkly xmas trees and your awesome xmas banner Sherrie!

Megan said...

Gorgeous Christmas colors! It will be just perfect for the upcoming season!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful Christmas banner. Love all the details.