Sunday, September 23, 2012

Freshly Made

Pin It
 Fun things with fabric I have to share with you today! I just got home from a fabulous weekend in Vancouver doing copic certifications.....I used the little trivet in this photo to demo coloring on fabric.

I started with one of those inexpensive flour sack tea towels, added a pretty piece of fall themed fabric to the bottom and then sewed on some delicious Melissa Frances ribbon trim!

The sweet label for the tea towel is cotton fabric with "heat and bond" adhered to the backside. I ran it through my cuttlebug with My Favorite Things Designer Labels 2 STAX Die-namics. I stamped the pumpkin and flourished from the Primitive Pumpkins set with versacraft ink.

I had the pleasure of showing this to Lisa Johnson (the illustrator for this stamp set) this weekend as she was with me in Vancouver. We had soooo much fun!

I also stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Sentiments 6th Anniversary Set. I added my mom-in-laws' name with an orange copic multiliner.
 Here is a close look at the trivet. I stamped this "sweetest pumpkin in the patch" a la mode with brown versacraft ink and colored it in with my copic markers.
I am looking forward to giving her this little gift set....something pretty to add to the fall kitchen decor.

I am off for a little sunshine in Las Vegas this week with some friends....yay! Hoping to finish the Hunger Games Trilogy and soak up some pool time :)

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Hank hendricks said...

Where did you find the fabric you used for it...I wish to use it for Gift Card envelopes if i find it.

Sherrie said...

The fabric is Michael Miller.

Melody said...

I just LOVE this Sherrie!!