Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Thanks a loot!

Hey ya mateys! It has been a bit since I have posted.....life has been streaming along lately! We have had birthdays and are in the midst of some serious house renos....you know how that goes.

One fun thing we did this past holiday weekend was go and see the newest PIRATES movie in 3D! First off we went to this awesome new theatre....it has reclining seats, we could reserve our seat and has a brand new sound system. It was a fantastic theatre experience! This brings me to the inspiration for today's card!

This is one of the new a la modes that is available at My Favorite Things called "I Treasure Our Friendship".
I colored her up using my copics...I wanted to make her "Penelope Cruz" like, so I gave her a deeper skin tone using my E11,13 and 15.
She is paired up with some Upcycle patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket as well as some tiny type letters that I joined with the sentiment.

Just a quick post today. I have a lot created that I can't show you just yet....but it is coming!

In the meantime....a little copic certification news:

I am off to TORONTO this weekend....to a very full certification class and some great copic card classes at Forever Scrapbooks! 

If you live in the West of Canada (like me) then you may want to take the opportunity to sign up for the KELOWNA standard certification class that is happening JUNE 4th! That class is open to the public and if you want to get into an intermediate class that I will be running in the fall here in the west then you need to take this standard class first. You can find an application form HERE.


All the other classes are listed on copic's website HERE. There is a lot going on so don't miss out!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun card! I love your colour combo and the twine accent is great ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

jeanne girl said...

Hey there busy lady - great card!!! Have fun in Toronto :)

Mo Moss said...

You are a genius with the copics. Wonderful coloring, if only I was that good. Have a great time in Canada. Great place to be,

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!