Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sweet Little Bug

I am starting to put together some of the images I colored while demoing at the copic booth at CHA. I had my cricut out for my nieces to play with the other day and noticed this sweet little mushroom that I thought would make a great card base for my ladybug. It is the "Freshly Picked" cartridge for those fellow cricut users.

I went away from the traditional black/red combo for this ladybug....mainly because I couldn't find my C8 copic marker....it was a good thing as I like this softer look to "ladybug" from My Favorite Things.

This card is 5.5" square so it fits nicely into a square envelope. I hinged the top of the card by sewing on a felt little butterfly. This is the new "butterfly die" from My Favorite Things as well. It is a sweet trio of butterflies in which I used the smallest two.
Here is a close up of the coloring. I used E11,15,18 for the browns. R22,27,39 for the reds. E50,21,33 and R20 for the skin and a little bit of yellow for the hair.

I'm off to put together some more cards with pieces I have colored meanwhile listening to Greg Laurie on the ipad. Here is the link to his Harvest crusade sermons. I read his autobiography "Lost Boy" while sitting many hours in the plane to and from California....what a great way to spend my time. I was very inspired by his own personal story and highly recommend it!
Have a great day!

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Sherrie, I have that cart and have been wanting to make that mushroom.

Jodi Collins said...

This is MAGNIFICENT!!! WOWSA Sherrie!

StampOwl said...

I have been wanting to make a mushroom too for a while ... you are giving me a long list of carts I need to buy LOL ... keep it up :)

Chrysalis said...

Aah! So cute x

Beate said...

Girl, that is one gorgeous card.

Awesome coloring (of course) and fun card shape.

Hugs and smiles

Jana Weaver said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the mushroom shaped card...gotta look for that cartridge!!

Card-Eology said...

Thats adorable Sherry!!

jeanne girl said...

Oh Sherrie this is so cute!! The mushroom makes a great background!!

Conniecrafter said...

just love this shaped card, and your image is perfect with it, too cute!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO sweet, Sherrie! I love the mushroom, the butterflies, all of it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is awesome!! The shape is amazing!!