Monday, November 29, 2010

Tag-a-long Day 3 and MFT Teaser!

DAY 3 of Holiday Tag-a-long.....are we having fun yet? Today we are working with one of my favorite things.....FABRIC!
So much chocolate and so little time....oh how true. This darling new image from My Favorite Things is called "Sending a Box of Love" from the Pure Innocence line. It, along with other cuties, are being released December 1st!
Here is a close up so you can see the dimension of the fabric and those sweet little chocolates!
I simply took my #8 tag and a piece of batting and some of my favorite pretty fabric and stacked them together on the tag.
I used my tag as my guide and just stitched around the perimeter to secure the fabric and batting.
This is the backside of what it looks like after stitching.
I take my FABRIC scissors and trim off the excess and then use my crop-a-dile tool and add an eyelet to the top.
I used my "Polkadot Greetings Die" and cut out a piece of X-press it Blending card and stamped my image.
Here are the copic colors I used to color her.
I colored up the pearls I wanted to make "chocolates" with my E29 marker.
Sew on a crocheted trim piece.
I stitched on my colored image too.
I decided to make a ruffled flower for the top of my tag. Quick and easy using the "rolled rose die" to cut my fabric.
Here are a few details you should know about this month's release:
Teasers begin November 27th and will happen every day until and including release day. You can find the list of designers for teasers each day at 11am EST on the MFT Blog.
The release party will be happening on the MFT Forums on December 1st beginning at 8pm EST (that is 5pm for us here in the pacific time zone).
Don't forget to check out our guest designer contest this month. You can find all that info in the forums HERE.
The big "Hop and Shop" day will be release day (December 1st) where you will be able to hop and see all the goodies on the designer's blogs and then do a "shop" the festivities will begin on the MFT blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

35 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Sherrie

Michele Boyer said...

SO pretty, Sherrie! Love the stitching and flower!

Lisa H. said...

wow! what a beautiful tag. love the chocolate additions.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love fabric too so this really caught my eye. Love it with that sweet P.I. girl.

Erin Smetak said...

So beautiful!!!!

Jana Weaver said...

Oh my goodness Sherrie, you are amazing!! This is just gorgeous!!! I especially love the pearls on your chocolates...perfect!

ori-jen-alchaos said...

WOW! Very CUTE!
Jen

Nicole said...

Some excellent ideas. Love the fabric on the tag. Had no idea you could color pearls!! And I can't believe she fits in the sentiment die. What another great use for them! Thanks for all the inspiration!!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous project Sherrie! The pearls on the chocolates is just brilliant!

Eva said...

Oh my goodness....so love this, too...I am totally casing your fabric tag idea...LOVE it!!

Cindy Lou said...

Love the sewing and the tag! This is so awesome! Great job, TFS!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Sherrie you are just amazing!!

Just me... said...

Thanks for the tutorial! It's so nice to see the process! Thanks for sharing... I love the tag!

Susan said...

love your step by step tutorial. TFS

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute. Love that!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

I adore this chocolate carrying girl!

Kim said...

Sigh....

Sue D said...

Fabulous tag--love the fabric.

Deborah Anton said...

Fabulous! Loving the fabric tag!! Must try...

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wow Sherrie! This is AMAZING! Love the little chocolates! :D

Alexis said...

I love your use of fabric and ribbon on the tag! So gorgeous!

Lisa Lynn said...

Thanks for giving all the details on how you made this beautiful tag. It is a great inspiration.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. The step-by-step instructions are appreciated. You did a great job!

Chris said...

gorgeous, could you make a dozen for me.

Kelli Hull said...

no matter what you say... it is NOT that easy to make these kinda gorgeous tags... NO! NO! NO!!!!! LOL

Love the tag and why does my copic rub off of my pearls????

Scrapcollectr said...

Thanks for showing all your steps....it really helped to see and appreciate all the great features of your beautiful tag! *smile*

scrappintlc said...

Gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

great card!!!

jennik

Jackie said...

This is adorable! I love this tag!

Kirsty said...

Gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

I so Love your fabric tag idea, warm and cozy for the winter, very cute image and pretty flower!

jennie black said...

fabric.. i need to use more! LOVE your tag. but I love everything you do. hugs

g said...

oh my gosh- this is spectacular! LOVE The fabric and little PI is so adorable

Tammy Hershberger said...

ADORABLE! LOVE what you did with the tag! I appreciate seeing your Copic colors, too... I struggle so with shades of pink, so I'm going to try your color combo sometime!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely stunning Sherrie!!