Friday, September 10, 2010

What's Cooking?.....

sweetie pie....

Oh how I have missed Taylor's friday sketch challenges! Being away on holidays for a couple of weeks will do that! Today's card is ALL stampin'....no patterned paper to be seen (a rarity for me as I LOOOOOVE patterned paper).
I used some new HERO arts images for this design. First I created the background using the Kitchen Silhouette stamp. I inked it up in versamark and clear embossed it on kraft cardstock.
I then used my shabby shutters and walnut inks over top giving the resist technique. I thought it gave this card a nice well worn charm.

Here I grabbed the "What's Cooking?" set and stamped my row of utensils and most importantly the pie. I colored them all with my copics and the background is even airbrushed.....
Did you know this strip was originally white!
I am LOOOVING the new X-press it Blending Card paper for my copic work! I picked up a stack while in Oregon on vacation...so I can tell you store owners copic has it in stock! Yeah!
I added a lot of copic ink to this paper and not a speck of bleeding and beautiful blendability!

Thanks go to Lori Craig this week for coming up with the awesome sketch! You can visit Taylor's blog HERE to see it!

Don't forget to visit the rest of the sketch girls....
Melissa Sauls: In Stamping Mode
Alice Lihsuan-Wertz: Alice's Little Wonderland
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Lori Craig: Making a Difference

Have a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

Alli Miles said...

jaw drop AMAZING!!! Gorgeous work Sherrie.

Lori Craig said...

Pass the pie! This is gorgeous! Love that you flipped the sketch! Super cuteness...Have a great weekend!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Sherrie. Love what you did with sketch as always! Great theme and colors! :o)

itsallrosi said...

really pretty, Sherrie!

jeanne girl said...

Very fun Sherrie!! Get to see you soon :)

Taylor said...

This is so fabulous, Sherrie! I love the background paper you created! You had me fooled...I thought it was patterned paper!

Jill said...

Wow. Wow. WOW.
Everything here is beyond amazing- your coloring and the stamped background!
Jaw.
On.
The.
Floor!!!
Congrats on the HA tweet!

KathyN said...

I love your card Sherrie! I just purchased some of the new Copic X-Press It card stock from Ellen - last week. I use a Copic layer and then use Prismacolor pencils over the Copic layer. I wasn't sure I liked the new paper with pencils. Since it is so silky smooth. But I have been working with it more and it is growing on me! I think it is actually making it easier to blend with the pencils over the Copic layer. I usually have used PaperTrey Ink's White Stamper's Select card stock. Anyway, I check your blog regularly and never have left a comment and figured it was time I did! Thank you for all your tips!

Igagnon76 said...

this looks fabulous Sherrie!

Naomi Thompson said...

Ooh thanks for the idea to do silhouette stamping I had never thought of stamping that way I am going to try that!! that card looks amazing I thought it was bought paper!!

Linda Carson said...

Oh this is just soooooo creative! Your artwork is amazing!