Monday, May 10, 2010

Moxie Monday

Leave it to the last day to play along in the Moxie Fab World challenge "Three Cheers for Chairs"! I just received the fabulous new paper line from Cosmo Cricket called DeLovely! I knew that retro-vintage chair would go great for this challenge and I loved the ruffle skirt on the chair so I ruffled up my ribbon to go on my card.
I was looking for a cool "doily" like image it set my chair on but couldn't find any in my stash so I decided to airbrush one with my Copic Airbrush System. This template is from crafter's workshop and I use these in my certification classes when I am demoing airbrushing. Love this look with the B49 marker to match my sentiment on the card. I didn't want the whole template so I masked of the area that I didn't want with some post-it notes.
Here is the finished look after airbrushing.
A final little touch of going around the edges in a stitch pattern with my colored multiliner pen and then I wanted my pearls to match so I airbrushed them in an RV19....perfect match for my chair!
Looks like a beautiful day here! Hope you enjoy your Monday!

4 comments:

Carolyn King said...

LOVE this Sherrie....clever creation of the doilie!!!

Karen B. said...

Love how you mimicked the ruffle from the chair to the ribbon!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sherrie! Thanks for entering the Three Cheers for Chairs Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Jana Weaver said...

Wow, that's gorgeous!! Your "doilie" is beautiful, and that chair is very cool!! Awesome card!