Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Emma and Wyatt Teaser

I actually giggled as I made this card....it reminded me of a bright vintage valentines with the twist of a modern image....

"MEET EMMA AND WYATT"...this is a new character set from My Favorite Things that is being released May 5th...tomorrow! This duo was a blast to color and I paired it up with some very sweet paper from My Mind's Eye called "Quite Contrary".
I stamped the little sentiment "giggle" on the twill tape using versacraft ink (ink that is made for fabric).
Did you notice how they "BLUSH"....caute!

Here is a close up of the coloring with copic markers. I made sure I faded out the middle of Wyatt's pants to give that worn look and had them standing on little patches of green.
If you look really close you will notice that I stamped and colored them on a separate sheet of card stock and then cut them out to place them on my patterned tag. I didn't want to stamp directly on the tag because it has lines running through it. When you do white on white like this you can hardly notice that it is cut out.

Have fun giggling at all the sweet teasers today. To get the full list of designers check out Kim's blog at 11am EST.

See you tomorrow for release day!

10 comments:

Country Mouse said...

Wow! How cute is this?! They are just adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing, your card is so cute, can't wait for the release.

Barbara said...

They are too precious, Sherri! Love the colors you used!

Amy Sheffer said...

Way too adorable, Sherrie! Your coloring has totally brought them to life! Fantastic!

g said...

oh so darling! i love your sweet coloring!

Melody said...

So cute! Love what you did with the sentiments!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Sherri, so SWEET!!

Sew Club said...

I've SO been looking forward to today! I LOVE them! SO cool and cute!!!

Megan said...

Darling!! I love all the highlights in your coloring. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Love it! The word window/bubble is a wicked idea!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This are just cute Sherrie!! Love it!!